Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beyond Repair


Beyond Repair by Charlotte Stein

When Alice Evans finds a bona fide movie star on the floor of her living room, she has no idea what to do. Ordinary men are frightening enough, never mind someone as famous and frankly gorgeous as Holden Stark.

However, once she realizes that Holden is suffering behind that famous facade, she knows she has to help. He needs someone like her to give him a taste of sweetness and desire and love. He needs normality. The only problem is—Alice is hiding a secret that is far from normal. In fact, her name isn’t even Alice at all.

And once Holden finds out, the intense connection they are just beginning to build may well be torn apart.**


No secret if you look at my history of reading this author I can be described as a fangirl. So when I was given a copy for review I may have fist pumped Breakfast Club style. With that said I went in to this story pretty blind, only knowing it was her take on a Movie Star hero. I was BLOWN away.

There is no way to describe how ferociously I read this book. From the immediate connection with Alice the heroine, to the banter between Holden and her. I couldn't read fast enough, all the while knowing there were secrets but I was never taken out of the moment trying to figure out what came next. These characters felt real and raw and I felt them breathe. Amazing what was captured for me here. This book is so much deeper then just a NA about a movie star hero.

The fact that STARMAN was used as a quite beautiful character tool, sealed this book for me. I want to say ALL THE THINGS but I will leave it with please pick up this book and let these characters in to your life.

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment